Easy Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a series of techniques used to increase the visibility of your website. Using them can help your website appear in organic search results and provide a complete user experience.
For example, Sally Consumer wants to find a family law attorney in Detroit, MI. She searches on Google or her favorite search engine. The search engine seeks an answer by combing through billions of documents and returns those that are the most popular and relevant to Sally’s request.
At the top of Sally’s results page are paid ads, then map listings and finally the organic results appear.
How Can You Be One of the Organic Results?
1. Keyword research: Type in the words Sally might use to find you. If your firm pops up in the organic results, great. If not, research the content of your competitors to find the keywords they used to gain attention. This will help you write content that, in terms of keyword use, will be relevant to your readers.
2. Be speedy: Internet users are folks in a hurry. They won’t wait for your page to load. Google expects to see it in three seconds or less. If you’re running slow, prospective clients will move on. Test your site on your desktop, tablet and phone to be sure it is loading quickly and accurately. If there are problems, contact your IT person for help.
3. Offer valuable content: Great content gives readers the information they are seeking. It establishes your reputation as an expert in your practice area and builds your brand. Visitors will return for more information. Be sure to include a call to action so they know what to do when they need help.
4. Voice search: Voice search is increasing in popularity. What does that mean for your content? Searchers tend to ask for information in the form of a “who, what, where, when, why or how” questions such as “What lawyer in my area writes wills?” That means the content on your website should focus on answering the questions your potential clients are asking.
5. Post reviews: Readers expect reviews. They tend to trust authentic online evaluations. Reviews are the digital form of word of mouth. The law is a service business. Consumers read testimonials because they want to know that your clients are satisfied with your representation and that you helped with their problem.
Finally, be patient. Experts write it takes at least 6 to 12 months for organic SEO to show up on search results. Stay consistent with regular well-written informative posts and you will see an increased ROI (Return on Investment) for your firm.
Need help with your content? I can write your blog, practice page or article. Contact me at 734-255-9119 or firstname.lastname@example.org