An Easy Path to the Internet
The State Bar of Michigan has revamped and revised its Member Directory powered by ZeekBeek. Using the new, improved version of the directory, lawyers can effortlessly craft informative and attractive profiles that reflect both the lawyer and his or her practice.
The newly redesigned SBM member directory has easy to use tools that help enhance your basic profile. You can:
· Use your biography to tell prospective clients the basics such as education and experience and a lot more about who you are. Do you skateboard like the skate board lawyer or are you a runner or perhaps a bird-watcher--clients like to feel a connection to a human being.
· Include a photo--essential so have it professionally taken and fairly recent--it’s best if the client can recognize you.
· Add your title--are you owner, shareholder or partner of your organization?
· Create a tagline--tell the reader the type of law you practice and the clients you serve
· Add your active social media accounts with easy links.
· List all jurisdictions where you are licensed to practice--it’s possible the prospect needs a lawyer who can practice in a neighboring state. You can do this in the Professional Details section.
And, that’s not all. You can add your community connections. Volunteering, sitting on Boards, coaching a team are activities that might seal the deal for the consumer. List other languages you speak--your fluency in Spanish or French could land you your next important client.
Are you accepting new clients? If so, turn on that feature and consider adding that you want consumer contact. A form allowing prospective clients to send you a query will pop up. The form includes instructions telling the reader that they shouldn’t include confidential information and sending the form doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship.
Consumers searching on the Internet are used to seeing reviews.
SBM members can opt into the Recommendations feature, which includes both Reviews and Endorsements. Reviews are first checked by ZeekBeek for inappropriate language and then sent to you to be sure the writer is actually a client. Endorsements let clients to rate you according to attributes such as ‘Client felt educated. Lawyer was professional.’ You can add one or both of these features.
Help prospective clients find you. Add your expanded profile to the SBM Member Directory and soon consumers will be traveling the information highway to your mailbox.